- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 20 strawberries
- 20 toothpicks
- First wash the strawberries well then dry them with a paper towel, make sure are dry well because the sugar syrup will not stick on the strawberries.
- Now add 2 cups of white sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan and over medium heat cook them and keep stirring until the sugar completely melted.
many people recommended using a candy thermometer because the best sugar syrup needs to be at 300°F temperature before removing it from heat, but if you don’t have a candy thermometer just when you notice that the sugar is melted and the mixture start to be caramelized reduce the heat to very low to keep the temperature steady.
- Next, put the toothpicks through the strawberries from the leaves side.
- Dip the strawberries in the sugar and water mixture until completely covered then place them aside to cool.
- When you are done with all the amount place them in the refrigerator for 2 hours then serve it and enjoy your amazing homemade candied strawberries.
Full article at: HamdiRecipes.com